Ok, so this post is probably just the opposite of my last post! Soon after I wrote that post, I came across a website that helps women develop their own home business (Dream Unlimited). One of the ladies there decided to make a list of 100 things she’s grateful for, and it made me start to think more about what I’m grateful for and less about what I’m not. I don’t know that I’ll make it to 100, but I’ll post what immediately comes to mind.
1. Food, clothing, shelter.
2. Husband, children, parents, and grandparents who are with us and healthy.
3. I’m grateful that I’m grateful for my husband coming home from work each day.
4. I’m grateful that my husband actually HAS work.
5. We have more than what is needed.
6. Our car (that is currently working fairly well).
7. Prospects for the upcoming year.
8. We are now a part of two loving churches.
9. Friends who bear with us in all things, love us, and pray for us.
10. Doctors who are knowledgable and caring and who take care of our family’s health.
11. Our dog who makes it ten times less likely that our home will be invaded by burglars or other intruders.
12. Our town, it’s coziness and closeness. I never realized just how grateful I am for this town until I came back to it.
So I know that’s an odd number, but that’s what came off the top of my head. I challenge anyone who reads this to come up with as many things they are grateful for as possible! On days (or weeks or months) that simply aren’t going right, stop and think. What do I have? Now I am reminded of the phrase “count your blessings”…a phrase that doesn’t make me cringe but makes me think and refocus.