One of my bloggy friend’s daughter came up with the idea to have a day to post all the things you’re thankful for, a day where we think about all the positive in our life. I think it’s awesome that when given the opportunity to post on her mom’s blog, Dust Bunny’s Diva Daughter chose to post something good (Dust Bunny Hostage). I don’t usually participate in these sorts of things, but I do think it’s important to truly consider the things we have to be grateful for, cliche, but important. So thank you Dust Bunny Hostage for hosting! (wow my first positive is a positive about the idea of posting a positive post – HA!)
So I’ve actually posted about blessings before (HERE), but we can never be too thankful. I know I always need a reminder. So I really am going to make a list this time! I’m thankful for:
1. My children and husband
2. My blood related family
3. My church family
4. God’s provision (physcially, spiritually, and emotionally)
5. Our home (or simply a place of shelter)
6. Our car
7. I’m especially thankful to be a stay at home mom and to have a husband who works so hard to make that happen.
8. I’m specifically thankful for the Lord giving Bloke the specific job he has and the ability and desire to continue working that hard
9. I’m thankful for the rain and the puddles in the road.
10. I’m thankful for the long summer days and the sounds and smells that accompany them.
11. I’m thankful for sweet babbling voices, giggles, and laughter
12. We are so blessed to all be healthy and I’m incredibly thankful for that.
13. I’m thankful for chocolate and coffee and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and for watermelon and strawberries.
14. I’m thankful for the sun, the sky, the ocean, and the land, for the moon and the stars
15. I’m thankful that our God made them for us and then sent his Son to die for us.
Well, I could go on and on, but 15 sounds like a good stopping point 🙂 Here’s some pictures of the things I’m thankful for plus some…